Tremendous opportunity to own a 12 quarter ranch 20 minutes north of Meadow Lake. This 1,611 acre package is set up as an efficient and well managed cattle operation, with a capacity of up to 250 head. In addition to the deeded land, the owner rents 36 quarters of SERM grazing and hay land, with an additional 50+ quarters of grazing land available north of the ranch and 24 quarters available south of Meadow Lake.
Average 1,800 bales/yr. Opportunity to clear bush for additional grazing or hayland on the deeded land.
Spacious and nicely updated 1,440 sqft bungalow features a 4-bedroom 3 bath layout. From the covered west deck, step into the large porch area and 2-piece bathroom, leading to the kitchen with large eating island and dining room with patio doors to the north facing deck overlooking the beautiful yard. The sunken living room features a wood burning fireplace and nice view to the south. Completing the main floor is the master bedroom, 4-piece main bathroom, 2nd bedroom with French doors to the backyard, and a 3rd bedroom used as an office.
Downstairs are 2 large family rooms, 4th bedroom, 3-piece bathroom, laundry, and cold storage. The walk-out leads to a covered patio, hot tub, and beautifully landscaped yard!
In-floor heat for the house and shop provided by outdoor wood boiler, with propane forced-air backup in the house and propane boiler back-up for the shop.
The property has 3 wells:
- 90 ft drilled well completed in 2009 is the main well used for the house
- 40 ft bored well completed in 1997 and older shallow well used for the livestock.
- Septic tank with pumpout
- Shop (2001): 40ft x 60ft x 14ft4in high, concrete floor with in-floor heat, 2 sliding doors (main door 20ft wide x 13ft 4in high), storage mezzanine with office.
- Garage: 20ft x 24ft concrete floor, insulated, 2 overhead doors.
- Shop: 16ft x 32ft x 12ft high, concrete floor, not insulated.
- Barn: 20ft x 60ft barn with 3 stalls plus 10ft x 12ft tack room, storage loft.
- Corrals and cattle handling system, 6 watering bowls
- Large bale yard immediately east of the corrals, another west of the yard adjacent to the hay field.
- The land is perimeter fenced with 2 and 3 strand barbed wire, with water providing additional natural boundaries. Fence is well maintained and in good condition.
Directions from Meadow Lake: 10km east on HWY 55, 18km north on SK-903, 8km west.
Farmland & Price Summary
1,612 Title Acres (ISC)
1,697 Total Acres
143 Cultivated Acres
1,261 Native Pasture Acres
293 Wetland/Bush Acres
$331,600 Total Assessed Value
$31,265 Average Assessment per 160 Acres
39.3 Soil Final Rating (Weighted Average)